My first eleven questions come from Avery Marsh:
1. Who was your favorite author when you were a child?
Roald Dahl - who wrote "The BFG"
2. If you could put yourself in any book, what would it be?
Easy question! I would put myself in "The Lord of the Rings" and I would be a lovely elf! I've always wanted pointy ears and to wear such beautiful clothing.
3. What is the best writing advice you ever read/received?
Never give up writing what you dream about.
4. If you were a prescription drug, what would your list of side effects include?
Laughter, tickling, optimism and lots of day dreams.
5. Name an interesting trait you've given one of your characters.
Well, I'm not sure if this counts as an interesting trait, but I created a character that is beautiful and smart, but she works as a pole dancer with very low self-esteem
6. Edit as you go or edit by the draft?
Edit by the draft - each novel that I have written was first finished before I even began to edit
7. If you were to write an autobiography, what would it be called?
Wherever Dreams May Go
8. Introduce us to one of your villains.
Everett Snitcker - a man with wild eyes, an obsession with even numbers, long hair that covers his face, never wears shoes, and a tendency to kidnap young men, he kills without thought and has to be in control- Honestly, he creeps me out
9. How many novels have you written?
4 - "Falling Star", "Down in the Creek", "To Love without Hope", "The Secret" and my current one "Nameless" -- you can find a description of them under the "Novels" tab above
10. What is your favorite writing related website?
Fanfiction.net - lame, but I love getting a little writing practice with some of my favorite characters!
11. What other secret talents do you have?
It wouldn't be a secret if I told you, but I scream without opening my mouth (very loudly)... :)
My next eleven questions are from Julia King:
1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Having a grass war with my siblings and getting rashes because we didn’t know the grass had been chemically treated – not fun then, but funny now!
2. Who is your hero?
3. What is the first thing that pops into your mind right now?
Muppet Treasure Island… I’m watching it with my little brother and sister right now
4. What is your favorite food?
5. If you were stuck in a "Groundhog Day" type experience, what crazy things would you do to shake up the day?
Umm… I have no clue
6. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
I would be a kitten because they are so cute and let’s face it, cats own their people not the other way around
7. Why did you start writing?
My older sister used to leave chunks of stories around and I wanted to be just like her, so I started writing and I kept with it because I love writing!
8. Where is your favorite place to read?
My bed, flopped on my stomach – very comfortable!
9. What is your favorite book?
That is a tough question… but I would have to say “The Lord of the Rings”
10. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween! I love getting dressed up in costumes and decorating with spiders (though I hate real spiders) and I like handing out candy.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world (paid in full), where would it be?
New Zealand – it’s my dream place to travel!
I am no good at making up questions, so you are welcome to take one set of these questions and answer them on their own blog!
Hope you had a good Monday! :)