The Insecure Writer's Support Group, which posts on the first Wednesday of every month. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
There are so many books out there and I'm afraid whatever I write will get lost out there and no one will read it. I've seen self-published books absolutely tank and the same with professionally-published books. Whichever way I go, I want people to enjoy my books.
* I want my readers to be furious with Olivia for staying with her boyfriend abuser, as Ethan is beating her and threatening to kill her. (Down in the Creek)
* I want them to weep with Sophie as she sees the boy from the Missing Poster is before her and he's dying, tormented by the evil Everett. (To Love Without Hope)
* I want them to gasp for air with Lydia as she beats her hands upon the trunk lid, desperate to get out and knowing if she doesn't, her unborn child will die with her. (The Secret)
* I want them to plead with Edom to run as he clutches the newborn baby to his chest and fights to save the innocent while protecting his sister from an unjustified death. (Nameless)
* I want them to feel the burn as the whip tears flesh from Princess Dalia's back as she is flogged for standing up to her father and demanding freedom for the innocent. (Unless)
* I want them to feel the heat of the flames as Kaela sees innocent faeries and mermaids burned to death, and realizes she cannot save them. (Defiance)
But, would anyone read them? Do you ever feel like you are spending all this time writing and no one will ever read it?
In other news, NaNoWriMo is going so very well! Here's my updated progress:
NaNoWriMo Word Count - "Defiance"
Day Four: 26,664
Day Five: 30,062
Day Six: 32,089
I better go get today's writing done! :) How is NaNo going for you?